CBC needs our support so it can continue to offer us the news, entertainment, and local programming we deserve.
5 proposals CMG is urging each national political party to adopt:
1. Reverse the $115-million Deficit Reduction Action Plan (DRAP) cut to CBC
2. Increase CBC funding to about half the average of what other developed countries invest in their public broadcaster or $43.5 per capita annually over the next five years, and adjust CBC’s parliamentary appropriation for inflation.
3. Ask the CRTC to establish a fund that is dedicated to public service media programming (CBC, TVO, APTN, Tfo, community and independent media) – including local news – on all platforms that meets the diverse and evolving programming needs of Canadians.
4. Repeal Clause 17 of omnibus budget bill C-60 – in the interest of our country and of our reputation as a mature democracy – to remove government’s interference in
CBC’s day-to-day operations.
5. Protect CBC/Radio-Canada’s independence by instituting a more public mechanism for selecting the national public broadcaster’s Board and CEO.
What can you do?
What are others doing in support of the CBC?
Canadians have been telling us what CBC means to them:
Other supporters of the CBC