The Canadian Media Guild needs to know what your experiences were during the G20 meeting and protests in Toronto.
In particular, we need to know:
– Were you prevented *in any way* from doing your work?
– Were you questioned by police at a key time? Were you arrested or detained? Were you asked to leave a scene?
– If so, was police action directed at you, or were you caught up with a crowd?
– Were you injured in any way?
– Did you feel you were put in an unsafe position by your employer?
Please tell us whether you reported any of this to your employer and what they have said they would do about it.
The Guild is working with other media groups on a complaint about the way police interfered with journalists, photographers, camera operators, and producers. We want to make sure the media story is covered in any inquiry about the G20. We are also engaged in discussions with our employers to examine whether enough was done to protect our members both at the scene and in nearby buildings.
Please email email@example.com with any information you think would be helpful to us. Please include your name, employer and contact information. If you have any questions about this, contact Lise Lareau, National President, at 416-591-5333 or 1-800-465-4149 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.