The Canadian Media Guild is looking to fill a one-year term position with an experienced bilingual Communications Co-ordinator committed to the ideals of the labour movement who will be responsible for internal and external communications for the Canadian Media Guild.
He/she will research, write and design online, e-mail and printed communications produced by the Guild. He/she will help enhance the union’s visibility and profile with its members, media workers, government agencies and the general public. He/she will also coordinate contact with external media organizations.
The position is located in Toronto.
We are looking for candidates who have the following:
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guild members and external organizations
- Familiarity with the North American media industry and policy
- Good knowledge of labour issues within Canada and North America
- Demonstrated flair for imaginative campaign-style communications
- High level of bilingualism, including an ability to do occasional translation from French to English and vice versa
- Excellent command of spelling, grammar, punctuation and style in both English and French
- Proficiency with social media and web updating
Other skills which would be viewed as an asset:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Problem-solving and innovative thinking
- Established contacts within the Canadian print and electronic media
- Familiarity with the Canadian Media Guild, its bargaining units and employers
Salary in accordance with CMG Employees Union collective agreement. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . The deadline is Wednesday July 4, 2012.