The Canadian Media Guild is looking for an organizer for a media organizing drive that is underway. The successful candidate will work with CMG / CWA Canada staff, elected officials and members to carry out campaign in preparation for a union vote in four to six weeks.
Key duties include:
- Experience leading union campaigns
- Knowledge of best practices in union organizing: workplace mapping, one-on-one conversations, mobilizing for a vote, etc.
- Well-developed written, verbal, social media and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of the broader media industry
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
The ideal candidate will be available to start as soon as possible. Salary and other benefits are competitive and based on the CMGEU-CMG collective agreement.
CMG/ CWA Canada represents 6,000 members across Canada, including nearly 5,000 CMG members at CBC, The Canadian Press, Thomson Reuters, the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network, TVO, TFO, Shaw Media and ZoomerMedia, as well as media freelancers. Find out more at www.cmg.ca and cwa-scacanada.ca
We encourage applications from all equity seeking groups.
Please email a covering letter and resume to email@example.com or mail it to the attention of the Hiring Committee, Canadian Media Guild, 310 Front St. W., Suite 810, Toronto ON M5V 3B5.
The deadline is Monday, January 2nd.