After two days of meetings with the company and federal conciliator Kim Beemer, we are pleased to announce that we have reached a tentative agreement. The full text of the memorandum of agreement will be available sometime tomorrow and we will email it out to everyone and post it at cmg.ca .
Your Guild bargaining committee feels we have made significant improvements in this deal and is unanimously recommending acceptance of the deal. Here are some highlights:
– New salary groups and scales that better reflect the value of the work that you do
– Nearly half of the bargaining unit will be slotted on the scales and receive step increases.
– Across-the-board salary increases of 5% over three years, beginning May 1, 2014.
– Lump-sum payment of $300 to every member of the bargaining unit upon ratification of the deal.
– Three additional holidays in the book: Family Day, Easter Monday and Remembrance Day. The two paid personal days also remain.
– $500 in chiropractic care right from the first visit
– It is now clear that you earn vacation every month and that, in the years when your vacation entitlement increases, that increased entitlement begins on your anniversary date.
– Standby rate increases to $3.50 and clearer language for on-call
– A definition for how to earn a senior classification
– Company-wide maternity and parental leave benefits enshrined in the collective agreement
We are planning membership meetings and a ratification vote for next Monday, June 23. The meetings will take place at the usual times of 12 noon and 5 p.m. We will confirm the location shortly.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact any one of us. We would like to thank you all for your support and encouragement during this process.
Your Guild bargaining committee:
Karen Wirsig – CMG staff rep
Terri Monture – CMG staff rep