Do you know of anyone who has given exceptional service to their colleagues through his or her work with a Guild committee or in the broader labour movement? If so, nominate that person for an award!
The CBC branch of the Guild is accepting nominations until Friday June 26, 2009 for our first ever President’s Award. We plan to present the award at a Guild conference in the fall.
The CBC Branch President’s Award will be presented to a Guild member for an exceptional achievement on behalf of CMG members or the labour movement, or for long-term service to the union that is exceptional in nature.
Nominations may come from any member in good standing of the Guild at CBC and must have two seconders who are also members in good standing of the Guild at CBC. Nominations should be addressed to selection committee chair H?l?ne Dupr?-Espeut and mailed with original signatures of the nominator and seconders to the national Guild office: CBC Branch President’s Award, Canadian Media Guild, 310 Front St. West, Suite 810, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3B5. Please provide the following information in the letter:
1. The full name, job title and location of the candidate.
2. Describe the exceptional achievement or exceptional long-term service of the candidate.
3. How has the candidate achievement or service benefited Guild members?
4. In what capacities/on what committees have they served?
5. If relevant, has the person been involved in other labour-related activities outside the Guild?